The Synagogue is now over 30 years of age and it is the closest Reform Synagogue to the Stratford Olympic site.
Our synagogue is housed in the beautifully restored Grade II listed building that was once part of the old Wanstead Hospital complex and prior to that the Merchant Seaman’s Orphan’s Asylum.
With a growing community, Sukkat Shalom offers its members:
- Regular Shabbat services – Some designed with the family and young children in mind.
- 2 Friday night services a month with one of those services followed by a Chavurah meal.
- A Friday night service once a month followed by an Oneg or a lively Discussion.
- Cheder (Religion School) classes for our children on a Sunday morning.
- Adult Education. Some sessions are held in conjunction with our neighbour synagogues.
- Bar/Bat Mitzvah tuition.
- Torah Lunches, Breakfasts & Onegin.
- Various Social events. i.e Quizes, Cabaret Nights, Musical Concerts.
- Bridge play on a Thursday night and on Wednesday night at Woodford Progressive
- A friendly family orientated atmosphere
- Full inclusion for women
and as our Hebrew name translated says a Shelter of Peace.
Sha'arei Tsedek is a friendly and welcoming Reform community in North London. Many social as well ...
Middlesex New Synagogue, a constituent of the Movement for Reform Judaism, is totally egalitarian, ...
Bromley Reform Synagogue (BRS), a member of the Movement for Reform Judaism, is conveniently ...